Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Weeeeeeeeeee!

I'm theoretically extremely happy.

I've won beta keys for two of the most thrilling upcoming games of the next year or so.

One is Blizzard's Starcraft 2. I don't think there's a game I'm looking forward to more than this one. The first game is one of my all-time favorites. It didn't just raise the standards for the RTS genre but it was also an achievement in storytelling. It really is a masterpiece.

The other game is APB - All Points Bulletin. This game is basically an MMO version of GTA. A persistent online city with hundreds of criminals and bounty hunters. It's a very ambitious game and I'm truly hoping it works out.

Why am I only theoretically happy, you ask? Because I still haven't had the chance to try out either of them. The APB client is installed on my system but their beta testing works in waves, or rounds, so only a certain group of players can play at any given point. So the soonest I'll be able to play it will be on Sunday.

Starcraft 2 is a bit more tricky. I won a contest on CVG.com but I haven't actually received the key yet, so I might eventually not get one at all. That would be a shame but I'm not too upset, it's just a beta after all.

Still, here's hoping I get to play them both and rest assured I'll write up my first impressions of them as soon as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment